Sony Pictures Entertainment | Culver City, CA 4/2013-11/2023
Director – Digital Distribution
Led the GTM strategy and account management across multiple e-commerce sales channels to maximize revenue for film and TV releases in the digital home entertainment distribution channel.
- Continuously exceeded sales goals scaling an eight-figure business over 4x in size to become the 3rd largest retail account at the studio.
- Introduced breakthrough product bundling strategies that were first-to-market driving up to 88% of pre-order sales. Pre-order bundling is now a benchmark strategy used by all major movie studios today.
- Formed key partnerships with consumer electronics and CPG brands including PlayStation, Coke, and ConAgra to create digital offerings resulting in customer acquisition and incremental revenue over $100K.
- Developed a merchandising index and scoring system that accurately measured promotional placement relative to other metrics in each program. Insights gained maximized both sales efficiencies and profitability resulting in consistent revenue lifts above 300%.
- Launched several digital media campaigns on Facebook with A/B audience testing on major franchise properties such as Spider-Man and Jumanji that generated positive ROI as high as 5.95x.
- First person to double down on aggressive promotional strategy during key holiday buying seasons resulting in over $1.1M in promotional revenue and 395% sales lift, the highest among competition.
- Created an annual joint business plan with retail partner that contained sales milestones and margin incentives in exchange for premium merchandising resulting in an additional $2M in annual revenue and 20% increased profitability for the year.
- Capitalized on key drafting opportunities for franchise properties through unique offerings such as Movie Cash, producing incremental revenue of $80-$100K+ each.
- Cross-functional team leadership in directing marketing, media, and analytics efforts on all performance reviews and strategy sessions between business partners and senior executive leadership.
Sony Pictures Entertainment | Culver City, CA 8/2011-4/2013
Client Services Manager – Global Digital Operations
In charge of digital supply chain for all film and TV content distribution across territories in the Asia Pacific region.
- Managed the release of over 2,400 multi-lingual titles across 12 territories for iTunes Pan-Asia launch.
- Primary SME in development of cloud-based rights management software application. Introduced methods for scaling efficiencies and quality assurance that dramatically reduced servicing times.
Sony Pictures Entertainment | Culver City, CA 2/2009-8/2011
Digital Distribution Coordinator – Worldwide Product Fulfillment
Film and TV asset curation and delivery to several digital retail accounts.
- Delivered 20,000+ digital film and video assets to launch the domestic and global storefronts of Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, Xbox, and Vudu.
- Established decision flows and procedures in cloud migration of digital supply chain that reduced delivery time and cost, helping form today’s industry standards for content distribution.
Other Industry Experience (5/1998 – 11/2008):
Production Coordinator Discovery Studios | Burbank, CA
Post Supervisor Modern VideoFilm (Point 360) | Burbank, CA
Business Development Manager Lightning Media | Burbank, CA
Sales Coordinator Ascent Media Creative Services | Hollywood, CA
Account Executive Celebrity Service International | Hollywood, CA
Wildland Firefighter U.S. Forest Service | Boise, ID; Logan, UT; Glendora, CA
- Boise State University – B.A. Marketing
- MIT Sloan Executive Education – Digital Marketing Analytics
Skills and Certifications
- Product Management
- Digital Marketing Analytics
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Account Management
- OTT and RVOD Streaming Platforms
- SVOD, AVOD, TVOD Streaming Models
- Strategic Partnerships
- Digital Optimization
- Product Lifecycle Planning
- Contract Negotiation
- Budgeting, Forecasting
- iOS, macOS, PC, Microsoft Office
- Crypto, Web3, Blockchain Technology
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Business Professional (Digital)
- AWS Cloud Economics
- Amazon Retail for Advertisers Certification
- AI for Enterprise